26-year-old dies after mobile phone falls into bath

26-year-old dies after mobile phone falls into bath


She was found dead by her mother.

Recent death of a 26-year-old woman in Russia adds to the alarming spate of tragic deaths caused by electrocution in the bath while charging mobile phones.

Evgenia Shulyatyeva, an accountant, ‘slipped’ her mobile phone into her bath tub and was electrocuted to death. Her mother Vera, 53, rushed to Shulyatyeva’s home when she didn’t respond to her messages and found her dead in the bath.

According to reports in Metro.co.uk, it is not clear if Shulyatyeva was using the device at the time of the accident, but it is believed to have ‘slipped’ into the tub while on charge.

Described as being bright by one of her friends, Shulyatyeva’s death is being probed by Russian Investigative Committee, local reports claimed.

Similar deaths in Russia

In August, an unnamed ten-year-old schoolgirl dropped her phone in the bath while it was plugged in at her home in Serov.

Similarly in June, Liliya Novikova who was an internationally recognised poker star died after suffering a suspected electric shock in her bathroom.

In April a supermarket worker known only as Anastasia, 20, was found dead holding her phone in the bath at her home in southern Moscow by her mother.

A week earlier, Yulia Vysotskaya, 14, from Cheboksary, died when her phone slipped out of her hands into the bath.

In December, Russian martial arts champion, Irina Rybnikova, 15, died instantly when using her iPhone, which was plugged into a charger, while in the tub at her home in Bratsk, Siberia.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.