The tragic incident took place in the city of Maipu, in the western Argentine province of Mendoza, about 8pm last Saturday.
The victim named as 18-year-old Angel Andrada had asked his parents if he could leave the dinner table and went to his room to charge his phone, which was low on battery power, according to the news site TN.
But it was the last time his parents saw their son alive.
Moments later, they heard a loud noise coming from the bedroom and went to investigate.
Mr Andrada’s father found the young man lying on the floor with visible burns on his body and immediately carried him to his car and drove him to Diego Paroissien Regional Hospital.
Doctors pronounced the victim dead on arrival and said he suffered a fatal electric shock that caused “burns to his neck, both wrists and his right foot”, TN reported.
Investigators took statements from the teen’s parents, and examined the phone charger and electrical connections in the house. A police investigation is ongoing.